The floor is the widest covering surface in the home or any space, selecting the right and best flooring for your home depends on a few factors which include your taste, budget, and your living style.
Each flooring option has distinct features and advantages and finding which one is best depends on your needs and location.
The demanding flooring options available these days are:
- Linoleum etc
- Starting from hardwood floorings these floorings are the ultimate demand of every contemporary house.
- Hardwood flooring is made up of absolute solid wood which includes the species of maple, oak, cherry, and walnut.
- The hardwood flooring has a versatile quality which makes it the most expensive and desirable option.
- It requires high maintenance by applying specialty hardwood cleaner once a month.
- It increases the value of your space and gives aesthetically pleasing look.
- Hardwood floors are strong and durable.
Engineered wood flooring:
- It is available at a very affordable and fair price due to which homeowners wants to buy it.
- Engineered wood flooring is durable and lasts long if taken properly care of.
- It is DIY friendly flooring option.
- It resists moisture greater than wood.
- Engineered wood flooring has a thin layer of hardwood bonded with the high quality of plywood substrate.
- Laminate flooring is the most affordable option, available as an alternative to carpets.
- Laminate flooring is composed of particleboard wood base topped by wood or tile photo underneath, a plastic layer which serves as a protective layer.
- Quiet inexpensive option as compared to wood.
- This flooring is easy to clean with scratch-resistant properties.
- It is prone to damage caused by moisture.
- Laminate flooring can chip down easily.
- Vinyl flooring has a non-porous surface due to which it is 100 percent waterproof.
- It is made up of plastic, available in different forms which include planks, sheets, and tile.
- This flooring is notorious for its durability and the variety of options available.
- These floorings are ideal for the kitchen and bathroom.
- The flooring is best known for moisture-prone areas. Such as bathroom and kitchen.
- The material of these tiles is ceramic or porcelain.
- These tiles are waterproof.
- Comes in a wide variety of colors, patterns, styles, and textures.
- Tile is a long-lasting flooring option.
- Tile is durable flooring for high traffic areas.
- The drawback of tiles is that they are hard to install.
- Requires a lot of prep work before installation.
- The tile has a cold and slippery surface.
- Linoleum flooring is made from linseed oil and cork.
- This flooring eco-friendly option is available in the market.
- Linoleum is low cost flooring option and easy to install.
- It comes in form of a sheet and is available in a wide variety of colors.
- It durable and long-lasting flooring option.