Tim Davis, the Hamptons, Luxury Market leader, is selling the Linden Estate, a famous, historic house in New York’s Hamptons, for $69.95 million. It had been on the market for 4 years before being sold (price undisclosed) to James H. Clark, co-founder of Netscape, and his Australian wife, who is a swimsuit model. However, it appears that the owner’s name on the property was never changed. It always remained registered under the original house owner’s name, Jurgen Friedrich, co-founder of the Esprit European branch, and his wife, Anke Beck-Friedrich.
According to the reports, the Friedrichs purchased the property in 1999 for $8.5 million and spent years and millions of dollars refurbishing it. They put it up for sale in 2008 for around $60 million. The 18,000 sq ft estate is currently on the market again for $69.95 million.
Tim Davis of Corcoran listed the 10-acre property on 160 Ox Pasture Road in Southampton Village’s comfortable Estate Section for sale. Tim Davis has an experience of 40-years in the real estate business, listing and selling a number of the finest and luxury residences on the East End. He is ranked as one of the top agents in the United States, with the Wall Street Journal ranking him #10 in the country and #4 in the Hamptons in 2014 and 2015. Tim sold 6 of the most important luxury properties on the East coast in a single year. Before joining Corcoran, Tim was a previous principal of Allan Schneider Associates, Hampton’s real estate brokerage firm.
The house has just been repaired and slightly renovated taking into consideration the latest market trends and demands –
· Linden is located in the Estate Section, surrounded by massive trees and alternate estates.
· Entering the 10-acre property there is a huge fountain with crystal clear water gushing out of it.
· The traditional-style house has a red-tile gambrel roof.
· The entrance is warm and welcoming with a huge traditional style chandelier hanging on the ceiling and showpiece on both sides of the tables.
· Entering the three-story luxury villa, there is a huge foyer containing various impressive and classic artworks.
· Near the foyer, there is a huge white and brown colored staircase that connects the ground floor to the first floor.
· There is a huge library with a huge fireplace to relax.
· The walls are painted in white-beige color.
· The home has a total of 8 fireplaces, 12 bedrooms including one bathroom in each bedroom.
· The entire house has a huge floor place of around 18,000 sq. feet which allows keeping various furniture art and showpieces everywhere.
· The house also has a huge gym with all equipment and tools set up.
· The dining area is huge, but it is more entertaining to enjoy a picnic and lunch in the outdoor garden.
· The estate also has a green tennis court, 60” x 20” indoor and outdoor swimming pool, spa, etc.
· Recently, Jay-Z and Beyoncé have shifted to the neighboring 31,000 sq. feet mansion, the Sandcastle.
It was created in 1915 by Grosvenor Atterbury, an innovative designer who spent most of his summertime on his family’s 80-acre estate in Shinnecock Hills. The classic Atterbury’s creation can still be seen today, with some authentic elements intact.
Linden Estate in Southampton NY
160 Ox Pasture Road, Southampton, NY
Contact Details –
Hamptons Luxury Real Estate Market Leader
24 Main Street Southampton, NY 11968